Founder George Bliss
After spending his childhood in Mesa, George Bliss III entered the United States Air Force academy, appointed by Arizona Senator Barry Goldwater. Bliss earned a degree in engineering science and was commissioned as an Air Force officer. Post-graduation, Bliss was assigned to the sample and missile systems organization (SAMSO) as an aerospace facilities engineer. After playing an integral role in relocating Vandenberg Air Force Base SAMSO, he directed the branch tasked with the research and development of space-deployed weapons. After separating from the Air Force, he served four years as a captain in the reserves. Bliss received a master of planning degree at USC.
Bliss has become heavily invested in many civic and charitable organizations supporting his fellow veterans and continues to give back to his community.
- Veterans Medical Leadership Council (VMLC) and when the Mesa Veterans Program (MVP) was formed, Bliss was named the co-chair of the committee.
- Veterans Hall of Fame
- Bliss was offered the honor of marching as the Air Force Marshall in the East Valley Veteran’s Day Parade
- Oakwood Creative Care Board
A Navy Vet and graduate of the University of Colorado’s School of Pharmacy, Steve has over 20 years of hospital pharmacy experience and has accumulated a unique combination of hospital, long term care, hospice, outpatient and retail pharmacist experience.
Having left a career in management in a microelectronics and computer systems environment, Steve worked for over ten years as a clinical pharmacist for the V.A.’s Eastern Colorado Healthcare System’s Medical Center in Denver before retiring.
Additionally, he has previously worked over seven years for Wong Pharmacy Services and has worked as a clinical pharmacist at one of the University of Colorado Hospital’s stand-alone surgery and emergency department facilities.
Before his recent decision to focus his attentions on virtual pharmacy activities he worked as a clinical pharmacist for one of the largest hospitals in Denver.
In addition to his pharmacy knowledge Steve brings with him extensive experience in the areas of process characterization, process management and quality engineering.
When he isn’t working his regular job Steve is kept busy by his family – wife, kids, and grandkids.
And when he can he squeezes in time to study alternative medicine practices and pharmaceutical products.
Dr. Vany Wong,
Lead Pharmacy Team Member
Vany Wong brings a wealth of knowledge and experience in the VA Pharmacy space to the company and has been involved in the VA Virtual Pharmacy projects since 2003 working with over 35 different VA Medical Centers and Healthcare Systems.
Dr. Wong has provides her expertise in all areas ranging from business administration to patient care that optimizes the use of medication and promotes health, wellness, and disease prevention.
Dr. Wong obtained a Doctor of Pharmacy degree from the University of Illinois, College of Pharmacy in 1999 and is licensed in Arizona, Illinois, and Oregon.
BPS pharmacists have background investigation clearance, and are VetPRO certified with PIV card access. Our pharmacists are trained, proficient, and thoroughly experienced with the VA Hospital computer system. Our goal is to provide a the highest quality services to meet our clients’ various needs.
- Available to all VA Medical Centers and virtual pharmacists 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Consults with VA Medical Centers to develop and continually improve training standards and operational procedures for virtual pharmacists
- Ensure all virtual pharmacists to comply with VA annual training requirements
- “VA Privacy and Information Security Awareness and Rules of Behavior”
- “Contractor Rules of Behavior, VA Handbook 6500, Appendix D”
Our virtual pharmacists are available for VA Medical Center staff consultation as well as computer system support via a provided toll-free phone number during VA Medical Center after hours. Each pharmacist is equipped with computer systems that maintain a combined minimum
up-time performance rate of 99% and are knowledgeable of VA formulary, restrictions and criteria for use of non formulary drugs.
- Comply with The Joint Commission standards
- VetPRO certified with PIV card access
- Trained and proficient in both the VISTA and CPRS systems, they are thoroughly experienced with the VA Medical Hospital system.
- All of our pharmacists have completed clearance of a “low risk” national background investigation